联欢地址：InterContinental Houston - Medical Center
9:30 注册 校友互动
10:00 开幕 休斯敦分会成立
10:10 致辞 社区领袖致辞
11:30 互动 嘉宾分享
13:00 餐叙 大快朵颐
14:00 闭幕 依依惜别
Eugene Yuanzhi Wu is a Chinese-American politician. He was elected to the Texas House of Representatives in 2012. His time as a State Representative has been focused on issues concerning education, criminal justice, public safety and child welfare. He is currently a member of the Juvenile Justice and Family Issues Committee, as well as the House Committee on Appropriations. Following his first legislative session he received the Sierra Club's New Leadership in Environmental Protection Award, and was also named Freshman of the Year by the Texas District and County Attorneys Association.
Wu received his Bachelor of Science from Texas A&M University, a master's degree from the LBJ School for Public Affairs at the University of Texas in Austin, and a J.D. degree from the South Texas College of Law in Houston.
Alice C. Chen received MBA in Finance and Accounting from Rutgers University and is a certified Texas CPA. Alice is a Small Business Owner. In 2019, she was the first Asian American woman elected as the Stafford City Council member. She worked as Congressman Community Liaison for 12 years. She was Board Chair for Asian Chamber of Commerce. She served as Channel 8 Public TV Board member. She was Houston Community College Foundation Board Member. She was Houston Chinese CPA Association President. She was a host on Channel 55.5 ITV, the only Chinese television channel in Houston. She served as Stafford Planning and Zoning Commissioner and Stafford Parks Committee member. Currently she is Stafford Finance Committee member and SMSD STEM Magnet Focus Group member.
Jingjing (J.J.) Clemence is US Congressman Troy Nehls' Community Representative and member of Texas Governor Greg Abbott's Judicial Compensation Committee. She is the Chief Global Strategy at Integrated Viral Protection Solutions (IVP) and has more than 15 years of experience as certified auditor, finance manager, business development manager and fundamental intelligence advisor for C-level leadership at Fortune 500 oil & gas and financial industries.
She holds a BA in Finance and Accounting, and a MBA degree. She is a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
Ben Chou was born and raised in southwest Houston after his parents immigrated from Taiwan in search of a better education and economic future. After graduating from Rice University, where he majored in political science, Asian studies, and energy policy, he moved to D.C. to work for Speaker Nancy Pelosi, working to fix the damage done to families torn apart by unjust immigration laws and individuals burdened by student loans. Later, Chou worked for Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley, helping to lead his political action committee.
Chou is running for the Harris County Commissioner.
Benimax Investment Group总裁和Aceland Capital管理合伙人
2013年创立Benimax Investment Group，开展以亚特兰大市为中心的美东南地区房地产投资项目；2016年创办Aceland Capital，将投资管理标从B/C级资产扩展到高端A类资产在内的全类型公寓地产，李德顺带领团队将Aceland的投资版图从佐治亚州扩展到德克萨斯州和佛罗里达州
Founder and Partner at Born Global Ventures, a fund investing in early-stage tech startups led by resilient immigrant founders
SBA Small Business Champion of the Year
20+ years focus on innovation, marketing, and psychology; 17+ years of business school teaching and consulting; pioneering research on e-commerce since 2000 and social networks since 2005; published in premium journals and spoke at international conferences; tenured marketing professor at Cameron School of Business, Univ. of St. Thomas
Co-founded Z LAB Global in 2017, a global innovation studio; full-spectrum integrated service provider to tech startups for the last 5 years; investor and builder of TrueLeap, myEnergyBudy and GeoChemPro
Program Advisor of Women in AI USA leading startup development programs; Board of Advisor at George H. W. Bush Foundation of US.-China Relations
MaloneBailey LLP在2021年被美国《Inside Public Accounting》评为全美增长最快的会计师事务所之一(2021 IPA Best of the Best Fastest-Growing Pyramid Award)
报名前，请阅读下面的RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK。报名即视为同意以下条款。
I acknowledge that I have read and understood all of the terms of the Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk and that I am voluntarily giving up substantial legal rights, including the right to sue the event organizers and sponsors, including but not limited to RUC North America Alumni Association.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
The individual named in the ( ) (referred to as "I" or "me") desires to participate in the event and activities (collectively, the "Activity") hosted by RUC North America Alumni Association (the "Association") at InterContinental Houston – Medical Center located at 6750 Main Street Houston, TX 77030 (the "Premises"). In consideration of being permitted by the Association to be on the Premises and engage in the Activity and in recognition of the Association's reliance hereon, I agree to all the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement (this "Release").
1. I am aware of the highly contagious nature of bacterial and viral diseases including the 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) (collectively, the "Disease") and the risk that I may be exposed to or contract the Disease or other infectious diseases by being on the Premises and engaging in the Activity. I understand and acknowledge that such exposure or infection may result in illness, personal injury, psychological injury, pain, suffering, temporary or permanent disability, death, property damage, and/or financial loss. I acknowledge that this risk may result from or be compounded by the actions, omissions, or negligence of others, including Association personnel. I understand that the Association cannot guarantee that I will not become infected with the Disease or other infectious diseases while on the Premises and that being on the Premises may increase my risk of contracting the Disease. NOTWITHSTANDING THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DISEASE, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM ENGAGING IN THE ACTIVITY WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE DANGER INVOLVED. I HEREBY AGREE TO ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL RISKS OF ILLNESS, PERSONAL INJURY, PSYCHOLOGICAL INJURY, PAIN, SUFFERING, DISABILITY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND/OR FINANCIAL LOSS RELATED TO THE DISEASE, ARISING FROM MY BEING ON THE PREMISES OR ENGAGING IN THE ACTIVITY, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE ORDINARY NEGLIGENCE OF THE ASSOCIATION OR OTHERWISE.
2. I hereby expressly waive and release any and all claims, now known or hereafter known, against the Association, and its officers, directors, managers, employees, agents, affiliates, members, successors, and assigns (collectively, "Releasees"), on account of personal or psychological injury, illness, pain, suffering, disability, death, property damage, or financial loss arising out of or attributable to my being on the Premises or engaging in the Activity and being exposed to or contracting the Disease, whether arising out of the ordinary negligence of the Association or any Releasees or otherwise. I covenant not to make or bring any such claim against the Association or any other Releasee, and forever release and discharge the Association and all other Releasees from liability under such claims.
3. I am familiar with federal, state, and local laws, orders, directives, and guidelines related to the Disease, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance on the Disease. I will comply with all such orders, directives, and guidelines while on the Premises. I will also follow all instructions of the Association while on the Premises. I confirm that I am not experiencing symptoms of the Disease (such as cough, shortness of breath, or fever), do not have a confirmed or suspected case of the Disease, and have not come in contact in the last 14 days with a person who has been confirmed to have or suspected of having the Disease.
4. I shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Association and all other Releasees against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including attorney fees, fees, the costs of enforcing any right to indemnification under this Release, and the cost of pursuing any insurance providers, incurred by the Association or any other Releasees, arising out of or resulting from any claim of a third party related to the Disease due to my engaging in the Activity or being on the Premises.
5. This Release constitutes the sole and entire agreement of the Association and me with respect to the subject matter contained herein and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations, and warranties, both written and oral, with respect to such subject matter. If any term or provision of this Release is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Release or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. This Release is binding on and shall inure to the benefit of the Association and me and our respective successors and assigns. All matters arising out of or relating to this Release shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction). Any claim or cause of action arising under this Release may be brought only in the federal and state courts located in Harris County, Texas and I hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.